[Recentattendees] IETF 116 General Information, Social Event, and Childcare

IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat@ietf.org> Tue, 24 January 2023 17:22 UTC

From: IETF Secretariat <ietf-secretariat@ietf.org>
To: 116all@ietf.org, recentattendees@ietf.org, ietf-announce@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 09:22:43 -0800
Subject: [Recentattendees] IETF 116 General Information, Social Event, and Childcare

General Information for IETF 116

When booking your hotel, please be aware that the Intercontinental Yokohama Grand (the primary IETF hotel) is a ten minute walk from the meeting venue, PACIFICO Yokohama North. This meeting venue is different from the venue for IETF 94. Please refer to the map [1] for more information.

The IETF 116 Welcome Reception will take place over three hours (versus the typical two) from 1700-2000 on Sunday, March 26th at the PACIFICO Yokohama North. Featuring a number of demonstrations from WIDE members, the reception will also include more robust food and beverage options.

Social Event

The IETF 116 social event will take place on Thursday, March 30th. Please note the day change, as social events are typically held on Tuesdays of the meeting week. Thanks to our host WIDE, we are excited to announce that our social will be held at the Osanbashi Hall. It promises to be a very special evening, with more details to come soon!

Childcare

Thanks to the generous support of our Diversity and Inclusion Gold sponsors, Akamai, Cisco and Huawei, and Bronze sponsors Comcast, ICANN, and Identity Digital, we are excited to offer onsite childcare at IETF 116 in Yokohama.

After a well run service at IETF 115 in London, we are excited to announce that Rose Event Nannies [2] will once again be joining us to provide childcare. This service is offered free of charge to registered IETF participants and initially provides space for up to ten children. We strongly encourage advance sign up to give us sufficient time to investigate adding more space if this service becomes fully booked. Profiles and photos of the nannies that will be caring for your child(ren) during IETF 116 are now available online. Additional information and the link to the form to sign up for the childcare services are also available via the FAQ [3] page.

This is the IETF’s third time offering childcare at a meeting, following the last successful edition at IETF 115. We would like to hear from parents how to make this service as useful as possible. We are open to exploring additional or alternative forms of childcare support for future meetings. Please send your suggestions directly to support@ietf.org or to the public admin-discuss list. [4]

[1]https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1bfjk4dz0vxG6jcixJkqaaV_pcA90L4c&ll=35.45612263743427%2C139.63493745&z=14
[2] https://www.roseeventnannies.co.uk/
[3] https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/116/childcare/