Re: [regext] EPP Contact Mapping for RDAP

Mario Loffredo <mario.loffredo@iit.cnr.it> Fri, 01 March 2019 09:47 UTC

To: Gavin Brown <gavin.brown@centralnic.com>, Andy Newton <andy@hxr.us>
Cc: "regext@ietf.org" <regext@ietf.org>
From: Mario Loffredo <mario.loffredo@iit.cnr.it>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 10:47:05 +0100
Subject: Re: [regext] EPP Contact Mapping for RDAP

Hi Gavin,

at first sight it could be a starting point even if, in my opinion, some
useful information is missing:

1) A "formattedName" property should be present in order to:

      - represent an organization rather than an individual;

      - match cases where the name is stored in a unique database field;

      - be compliant with RFC7482 "entities?fn" search path.

2) A property about the kind of contact (see "kind" in jCard) seems
appropriate

3)  Maybe an information to model data in multiple languages could be
also useful

4) The "Address" object doesn't include the country code information

5)  As I wrote in my last mail, a JSON-based contact representation
should contain a property matching custom information. It might be
enough to add, for example, the following:

"otherDetails": "ContactInformation[]" (optional) where each item has
type="other"

6) Some information has the same meaning in jCard but different name
(e.g. company<->org, jobTitle<->role). It could worth keeping the
compliance with jCard as much as possible.

In addition, defining "uid" as mandatory as well as requiring it must be
unique across different applications are not practical within the RegExt
context. Maybe it makes sense for DISPATCH WG.

Finally, if I read it right, there is an error related to the "File"
object: it is defined but never used. Maybe "JSContact" should include
an optional "files" property as an array of "File" objects ?!

What about to collect all the feedbacks from RegExt WG and send them to
DISPATCH mailing list or plan a joint meeting with both the author and
DISPATCH members during open time at IETF4?

mario