Re: [regext] Robert Wilton's Discuss on draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-24: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Mario Loffredo <mario.loffredo@iit.cnr.it> Mon, 28 August 2023 08:01 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 09:56:44 +0200
From: Mario Loffredo <mario.loffredo@iit.cnr.it>
To: Robert Wilton <rwilton@cisco.com>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search@ietf.org, regext-chairs@ietf.org, regext@ietf.org, tomh@apnic.net
Subject: Re: [regext] Robert Wilton's Discuss on draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-24: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi Robert,

need to partially correct my comment about the content of table in
Section 12.2.4.2.

The "Reference" field is already defined for the "Reverse Search
Mapping" registry and for all the entries of that registry the value is
the same as that for the entries of the "Reverse Search" registry as it
is explained in the second paragraph of Section 12.2.4.2.

The "Reference" field in the "Reverse Search Mapping" registry is
required to store the link to the documentation supporting the given
mapping.

The "PropetyPath" field allows the requestor to describe the mapping
formally and unambiguously.

Therefore, thinking back, there's no need to introduce a "Description"
property for that registry.

Anyway, if you think the "Description" field should also be included to
provide a brief description of the mapping, I'll add it to both
12.2.4.1 and 12.2.4.2 Sections.

Looking forward to you reply about this and other points.

Best,

Mario