[rfc-dist] RFC 6174 on Definition of IETF Working Group Document States

rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org (rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org) Sat, 12 March 2011 02:13 UTC

From: "rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org"
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:13:49 -0800
Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 6174 on Definition of IETF Working Group Document States

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6174

        Title:      Definition of IETF Working Group
                    Document States
        Author:     E. Juskevicius
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    edj.etc at gmail.com
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 56883
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-proto-wgdocument-states-10.txt

The IETF Datatracker tool needs to be enhanced to make it possible
for Working Group (WG) Chairs to provide IETF participants with more
information about the status and progression of WG documents than is
currently possible.

This document defines new states and status annotation tags that
need to be added to the Datatracker to enable WG Chairs and their
Delegates to track the status of Internet-Drafts (I-Ds) that are
associated with their WGs.  This document also describes the meaning
of all previously implemented I-D states and substate annotation
tags currently used by IETF Area Directors to indicate the status of
I-Ds that have been sent to the IESG for evaluation and publication.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce