[rfc-i] typesetting poetry

cabo at tzi.org (Carsten Bormann) Sat, 05 September 2015 12:23 UTC

From: "cabo at tzi.org"
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 14:23:49 +0200
Subject: [rfc-i] typesetting poetry

I'd set this as a sequence of code blocks ("artwork" within "figure"
without titles or labels).  E.g. (one way to do this in markdown):

    But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
        And that is the name that you never will guess;
    The name that no human research can discover--
        But THE NAMESERVER KNOWS, and will us'ually confess.
^

    When you notice a client in rapt meditation,
        The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
    The code is engaged in a deep consultation
        On the address, the address, the address of its name:
^

and the RFCXML snippet for that:

<figure><artwork><![CDATA[
But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
    And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover--
    But THE NAMESERVER KNOWS, and will us'ually confess.
]]></artwork></figure>

<figure><artwork><![CDATA[
When you notice a client in rapt meditation,
    The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
The code is engaged in a deep consultation
    On the address, the address, the address of its name:
]]></artwork></figure>

Looks a bit strange in the XML2RFCv2 HTML mode, though...
(But that looks strange a lot, anyway; going through XML and
RFC2629.xslt is usually better.)

Gr??e, Carsten