[rfc-i] draft-brownlee-svg-rfc-11

jhildebr at cisco.com (Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr)) Wed, 02 September 2015 19:56 UTC

From: "jhildebr at cisco.com"
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:56:20 +0000
Subject: [rfc-i] draft-brownlee-svg-rfc-11

I decided to review Neville's SVG draft so that I could respond to the other thread.  Comments:

- I thought we had allowed grayscale in 6949, and I also thought we had allowed the RFC editor to change the rules on color at her discretion later.  It's too late to fix that, and not a big enough change to warrant rev'ing 6949 at the moment.  I wonder about some of the color and gradient stuff that's left in the SVG doc because of that, but I'm fine to leave them in.

- s2(17): the fonts selected here should be the same as the font selections for the main text of the document.  Prototyping is necessary to figure out the best way to enforce this.  I think we may be able to set all of this in the HTML page's CSS.

- s2.1: This doc needs a formal RNC description of the allowed elements and attributes, so that tooling can be written to validate the profile. Turning this list into RNC shouldn't be that difficult.  I've attached the start of this work, an RNC file that "just" needs more of the stuff that isn't on the approved list removed.

Note: this file was more of a PITA to generate than I thought it would be.  To recreate my work:

- start here: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/schema.html
- Download the RNG with 'wget -r -l1 http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/relaxng/'
- Edit Tiny-1.2.rng to comment out some chunks of functionality we're not using, save as Tiny-1.2.RFC.rng
- Generate a "full" version of the RNG, removing the includes: 'jing -s Tiny-1.2.RFC.rng > rnc/Tiny-1.2.RFC.rng'
- Generate the RNC: 'cd rnc; trang Tiny-1.2.RFC.rng Tiny-1.2.RFC.rnc'

--
Joe Hildebrand