[rfc-i] Comments on draft-hildebrand-html-rfc-2012-07-07 and draft-hoffman-rfcformat-canon-others-03

jhildebr at cisco.com (Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr)) Tue, 31 July 2012 01:37 UTC

From: "jhildebr at cisco.com"
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 01:37:30 +0000
Subject: [rfc-i] Comments on draft-hildebrand-html-rfc-2012-07-07 and draft-hoffman-rfcformat-canon-others-03

On 7/30/12 6:32 PM, "Yoav Nir" <ynir at checkpoint.com> wrote:

>I see that section headings are "h2" while subsections are "h3". What if
>you mix them up?  You're always going to have the ability to do
>formatting wrong, because HTML is a presentation format. You can get them
>wrong. XML2RFC doesn't allow this.

Again, the tooling will fix up the heading depths.  It's not doing that
just yet, but if the plenary keeps being this amount of fascinating to me,
it should do so soon.

My understanding is that having the heading numbers be set correctly is
nice for folks that like to traverse the document structure using (for
example) a screen reader.

--
Joe Hildebrand