[rfc-i] Five-author maximum?

paul.hoffman at vpnc.org (Paul Hoffman / VPNC) Thu, 10 June 2004 08:56 UTC

From: "paul.hoffman at vpnc.org"
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:56:46 -0000
Subject: [rfc-i] Five-author maximum?

Greetings again. New in the pre-publication queue is:

Network Working Group                                       P. Karn, Ed.
Request for Comments: 3819                                      Qualcomm
BCP: 89                                                       C. Bormann
Category: Best Current Practice              Universitaet Bremen FB3 TZI
                                                             G. Fairhurst
                                                   University of Aberdeen
                                                              D. Grossman
                                                           Motorola, Inc.
                                                                R. Ludwig
                                                        Ericsson Research
                                                               J. Mahdavi
                                                                   Novell
                                                            G. Montenegro
                                    Sun Microsystems Laboratories, Europe
                                                                 J. Touch
                                                                  USC/ISI
                                                                  L. Wood
                                                            Cisco Systems
                                                                June 2004

                 Advice for Internet Subnetwork Designers

This seems to bust the five-authors suggestion by a significant
number. Are each of these people really responsible for all of the
content? Given Phil's designation as "Ed." on the top line, it seems
likely that the author-name-padding should be removed.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium