mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca (Michael Richardson) Fri, 15 February 2013 20:55 UTC

From: "mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca"
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:55:43 -0500
Subject: [rfc-i] [IAB Trac] #266: Requirement for "Clear Printing"

    Ted> Just as a counterpoint, I always work from the electronic
    Ted> version of the RFC (nowadays--I used to use paper just like
    Ted> you), and I refer to parts of drafts by section number and
    Ted> paragraph, not by page number, because I don't feel safe in
    Ted> assuming that the person with whom I am communicating is

When commenting, I also do this, but also for IDs, because repaging
after editing someone else's comments might move things.

I'd be *happiest* if our HTML output format had lots and lots of
#anchors.

When writing code, I tend to print important parts, such as packet
formats, and I tend to glue them to the wall.    Back in 1998, some
of us thought that http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nossik-pax-pdl/
would have been useful to describe packet formats.