[rfc-i] Pagination and the xml2rfc v3 vocabulary // comment on Publication Formatter SOW

masinter at adobe.com (Larry Masinter) Thu, 12 February 2015 04:32 UTC

From: "masinter at adobe.com"
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 04:32:36 +0000
Subject: [rfc-i] Pagination and the xml2rfc v3 vocabulary // comment on Publication Formatter SOW

Isn?t the main reason for not investing in tools to let authors control pagination directly is that the process of RFC production (removing RFC-editor ?NOTE? for example, or just fixing punctuation) will likely cause some cases of change of pagination, so authors putting direct page breaks is likely to fail.

Whatever markup is added needs to not make things worse if pagination changes.

I sent in a comment on the Publication-Formatter SOW that perhaps I should have sent to this list?