[rfc-i] draft-hoffman-rfcformat-canon-others-03.txt

paul.hoffman at vpnc.org (Paul Hoffman) Thu, 12 July 2012 23:50 UTC

From: "paul.hoffman at vpnc.org"
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:50:46 -0700
Subject: [rfc-i] draft-hoffman-rfcformat-canon-others-03.txt

I make some major changes to the proposal based on the various threads here lately:

- Art is now inline in the XML instead of separate files. The tooling for this is pretty trivial, and will be nearly identical to what Joe proposed for HTML.

- The RFC Editor probably should accept input to the series in more than one format. They have to accept in the canonical format, but can accept in whatever additional formats they want as a service to the community.

- The document lists what metadata needs to be included. This list is most assuredly wrong and/or incomplete in a few places. Discussion is welcome.

- It is now emphasized that the xml2rfc format will need to be revised. No one should think that we are limited to what we have now.

--Paul Hoffman

Begin forwarded message: