[Rfp-announce] RFP for Open Source DBA Services

IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org> Fri, 15 October 2021 19:52 UTC

From: IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>
To: RFP Announcement List <rfp-announce@ietf.org>
Cc: ietf-announce@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:52:16 -0700
Subject: [Rfp-announce] RFP for Open Source DBA Services

The IETF Administration LLC is soliciting bids for the 'Open Source DBA Services' RFP.

Overview:

The IETF currently uses MariaDB as the core database for internally developed applications and has active plans to migrate to PostgreSQL.  It is likely that at some point we will introduce PostgreSQL multi-master replication for high availability and a suitable open source NoSQL database for document storage.  We seek a contractor with one or more highly experienced open source Database Administrators to assist us on an ongoing basis and with two initial migration projects.  We expect this assistance to include scheduled maintenance, formally scoped projects and ad-hoc advice and consultancy.  The initial term of the contract will be for three years with the option to renew for a further three year term by mutual agreement.

Timeline:

15 October 2021		RFP Issued
29 October 2021		Questions and Inquiries deadline
05 November 2021	Answers to questions issued and RFP updated if required
12 November 2021	Bids due
26 November 2021	Preferred bidder selected and negotiations begin
10 December 2021	Contract execution and work begins

Full details of the RFP, including instructions on how to submit a bid and how to ask questions, can be found at https://www.ietf.org/about/administration/rfps-and-contracts/.

Please note that in order to maintain a fair and transparent RFP process, all questions or feedback regarding this RFP should be made to the email address specified in the RFP.

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director