Re: [Rmt] Last Call: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-norm-revised (MulticastNegative-Acknowledgment (NACK) Building Blocks) to Proposed Standard

Brian Adamson <adamson@itd.nrl.navy.mil> Wed, 23 July 2008 17:56 UTC

From: Brian Adamson <adamson@itd.nrl.navy.mil>
To: Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:36:26 -0400
Cc: Joe Macker <macker@itd.nrl.navy.mil>, rmt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Rmt] Last Call: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-norm-revised (MulticastNegative-Acknowledgment (NACK) Building Blocks) to Proposed Standard
Sender: rmt-bounces@ietf.org

Thanks Pekka,

I will take a stab to include something that can at least mention the
potential for such future extensions for protocol designers to
consider, but caveat it carefully. I agree that the text as it stood
perhaps was a bit presumptious with respect to such capability being
in place.   For example, the NORM PI was developed while there was
still active work on the "Generic Router Assist" draft within RMT and
some of its design (the format of its NACK repair request content,
etc) was driven in part in consideration of the potential for some
form of intermediate system assistance with limited state on protocol
operation.

Brian Adamson
adamson@itd.nrl.navy.mil