Re: [rohc] Short summary of the new ROHCv2 profiles: draft-pelletier-rohc-rohcv2-profiles-00.txt

Carl Knutsson <carl.knutsson@effnet.com> Tue, 27 June 2006 07:50 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:48:39 +0200
From: Carl Knutsson <carl.knutsson@effnet.com>
To: "Ghyslain Pelletier (LU/EAB)" <ghyslain.pelletier@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [rohc] Short summary of the new ROHCv2 profiles: draft-pelletier-rohc-rohcv2-profiles-00.txt
Cc: rohc@ietf.org

Hi Ghyslain and Kristofer,

I have a question about the formal notation in  the  ROHCv2 profile drafts.
I can't find the coding method for the timestamp field for some of the
compressed packets in the RTP profile and UDP Lite/RTP profile.

 From draft:
UNCOMPRESSED {
    timestamp [32]
}

DEFAULT {
    timestamp =:= static;
}

COMPRESSED pt_1_rnd {
    ts_scaled =:= lsb(3, 4)
}

Shouldn't there be a relationship between the timestamp and the
ts_scaled in the formal notation above?
A encoding  method for the formula: timestamp = ts_offset + delta msn *
ts_stride.

I get the impression from the formal notation for pt_1_rnd that the
time_stamp is static. Is there something I have missed?

//Carl Knutsson