RE: [rohc] SigComp torture tests draft

"Surtees, Abigail" <abigail.surtees@roke.co.uk> Thu, 14 July 2005 08:35 UTC

From: "Surtees, Abigail" <abigail.surtees@roke.co.uk>
To: rohc@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [rohc] SigComp torture tests draft
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:35:24 +0100
Sender: rohc-bounces@ietf.org

Hi All,

Following positive feedback I have added extra explanation to the rest of the tests.  Most of the tests have not changed, however, a few have.  I've also included a proposed new test.  Please can someone run the tests that have changed to check they agree with the draft (and point out my mistakes, if not ;-).  At Cristian's suggestion, I've also put the input output and cycles for each test in the Appendix.

The changes are:

2.6, 2.7, 2.15, 4.5 as below

2.16 - as a result of changes to 2.15, the state that 2.16 assumes is present is actually not there, so I've included an extra piece of bytecode to set up the state.  The test itself hasn't changed.

New 3.2 - to check for decompression failure due to cycle count when there's an infinite loop.  It has been pointed out that an implementer could be liberal in cycles checking - allowing some extra.  If this is the case, it must be ensured that use of an excessive number of cycles is trapped, so this test is an infinite loop!

3.5 (old 3.4)
This test hasn't fundamentally changed.  There were some instructions that were never run, which was rather confusing, so I've changed them to be DECOMPRESSION-FAILURE.

The draft is available at <http://sigcomp.srmr.co.uk/~ahs/draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-torture-tests-01.txt>.  I'll submit it on Monday.  In the meantime all comments are appreciated.

Best regards,

Abbie

All comments appreciated.