Re: [rohc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-20.txt

Carl Knutsson <carl.knutsson@effnet.com> Wed, 11 October 2006 16:01 UTC

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:00:12 +0200
From: Carl Knutsson <carl.knutsson@effnet.com>
Subject: Re: [rohc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-20.txt

Hi L-E, Magnus and all,

As a CDR, I have reviewed draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-20.txt. I apologize for
sending it to the list after the last-call expired.

The draft is now in good shape, except for one issue. I find the use of
"INCOMPLETE", "INVALIDATED", "INCORRECT and INVALIDATED" and "CORRECTED" keywords
a bit inconsistent. Some sections use this syntax and some does not. I get the
impression from the fifth paragraph in the introduction that all additions and
corrections should use this syntax. There are some corrections in the draft made
without the INVALIDATED-CORRECTED syntax that could benefit from using it, 5.4,
5.5 and 5.6

Sometimes this syntax is not needed when making a clarification or addition. The
new enhanced mode transfer procedure in section 3 and the context management in
section 7 are more or less new additions to rfc3095. These sections are well
written but they do not use the ADDITION keyword. I believe this should be
reflected in the introduction. I suggest an small addition to the fifth paragraph
to explain that this terminology is not always used and that some
additions/clarifications does not use this INVALIDATED-CORRECTED syntax.

About the references to rfc3095. Any of four suggestions will work, but why invent
a new ways of making a reference? Couldn't we just use "in rfc3095 section 5.6"
instead?

regards,
Carl Knutsson