RE: [rohc] Interpretation intervals for TS encoding

"Lars-Erik Jonsson \(LU/EAB\)" <lars-erik.jonsson@ericsson.com> Mon, 12 June 2006 09:21 UTC

Subject: RE: [rohc] Interpretation intervals for TS encoding
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:21:46 +0200
From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB)" <lars-erik.jonsson@ericsson.com>
To: "Ghyslain Pelletier (LU/EAB)" <ghyslain.pelletier@ericsson.com>, "Endre Szalai (IJ/ETH)" <endre.szalai@ericsson.com>, rohc@ietf.org

Ghyslain, Endre, others,

I fully agree with your conclusions.

This paragraph originates from the initial individual version
of this draft, dated November 2001. It had its own section
called "4.2.  Transition to timer-based compression", but the
text was later incorporated into the section about
interpretation intervals (added in rev 02, Oct 2002).

When now looking into this again, I agree with the conclusion
that 1) is clear from section 5.7 of RFC 3095. It is a mystery
to me how and why anyone would interpret this differently.

>From the mail archive we can find some discussions with
interpretations in line with the questioned paragraph in the
implementer's guide, but without arguments *why* that
should be needed (see thread titled "What is p value for TS?"
from September-October 2002).

So, I agree with the suggestion to remove this paragraph from
section 4.3 of the current draft. Since I have not seen any
objections, I will do this change to the draft right now.

/L-E