[rohc] RE: Comments on draft-kapoor-rohc-profiles-reordering-00.txt

"Trabelsi, Chokri \(Chokri\)" <ctrabelsi@lucent.com> Wed, 26 July 2006 17:26 UTC

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:26:19 -0500
From: "Trabelsi, Chokri (Chokri)" <ctrabelsi@lucent.com>
To: "Kapoor, Rohit" <rkapoor@qualcomm.com>, pelle@cdt.luth.se
Cc: "Zhang, Qinqing (Qinqing)" <qinqing@lucent.com>, rohc@ietf.org, "Trabelsi, Chokri (Chokri)" <ctrabelsi@lucent.com>
Subject: [rohc] RE: Comments on draft-kapoor-rohc-profiles-reordering-00.txt

Ghyslain,

I would like to reiterate what has been said before in previous emails
that reordering support in RoHC is very important for 3GPP2. We
understand that there other issues as specified in RFC4224, but we are
( extremely ) very  interested in a quick fix to make the current
implementation based on RFC-3095 standard compliant. The RoHCv2 contains
a number of significant changes from the RoHC v1 profiles defined in RFC
3095. However, since work for support of VoIP over 3GPP2 air interface
is already at an advanced stage, we were looking for minor enhancements
to RFC-3095 profiles to include support for re-ordering and more
specifically fixing the interpretation interval offset, "p" value is one
of the main issue!
Having said that I am not sure why you would like to oppose to the draft
mentioned by Rohit, as such a draft is quite important for those
companies who have already implemented RoHC based on RFC-3095 and close
to commercial delivery. Certainly we agree with you that RoHCv2 will
address all the identified issues and this "quick fix" draft address a
very specific issue, but from 3GPP2 perspective we do believe as initial
deployment it would be sufficient to implement RoHC based on RFC-3095
but with fixing the "p" values and hence the important of this "quick
fix" draft.

Chokri