Re: [Roll] regarding DIS Modifications draft (draft-goyal-roll-dis-modifications-00)

Thomas Heide Clausen <ietf@thomasclausen.org> Mon, 14 November 2011 11:36 UTC

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <ietf@thomasclausen.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:37:00 +0800
To: Yoav Ben-Yehezkel <yoav@yitran.com>
Cc: "roll@ietf.org" <roll@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Roll] regarding DIS Modifications draft (draft-goyal-roll-dis-modifications-00)

Allow me to reiterate the question that I asked at the mike: why is the behavior proposed by this draft (i.e., to be not considering receipt of a DIS as an indication of inconsistency and thus not resetting trickle timers) not default behavior in RPL?

That the WG during the meeting did not have a clear answer to this leads me to believe that it should be - but I wanted to ask here as there may be a subtle reason....(and, if so, the conditions in which it applies or not should be called out in any IDs modifying the behavior).

Cheers,

Thomas

--
Thomas Heide Clausen
http://www.thomasclausen.org/

"Payload (noun): wasted bandwidth between headers" (C.Lavenu 2011)