[Roll] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-11: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 07 October 2021 09:13 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl@ietf.org, roll-chairs@ietf.org, roll@ietf.org, Ines Robles <mariainesrobles@googlemail.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, mariainesrobles@googlemail.com
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 02:13:03 -0700
Subject: [Roll] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-11: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl/

COMMENT:

***Thank you for having addressed all my points raised during the IESG ballot
of 2021-04-21 with the revised I-D*** (BTW, never hesitate to nudge an AD in
the absence of action, I only reacted when processing my pending DISCUSS today
:-( ... )

Thank you for the work put into this document. I seems that all cases have been
thought of :-) Good job! and having a shorter path between two RPL nodes can be
beneficial of course.

Special thanks to Peter Van der Stock for the IoT directorate review:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-roll-aodv-rpl-10-iotdir-telechat-van-der-stok-2021-04-15/

Minor regret on the age of the document shepherd's write-up dated 2 years ago
and about the -06 version. Little is said about the WG consensus. But, I am
trusting the responsible AD on the consensus.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== PREVIOUS DISCUSS (for archive) ==

A very trivial to fix but I do want to have a justification of using
"point-to-point" (typically used over the two sides of a single link) vs.
"peer-to-peer" (typically used over multiple links). Is it intentional by the
ROLL WG ? Did I fail to understand the purpose of this document ? (quite
possible of course!). I am afraid that many people will interpret the
"point-to-point" like me.

== PREVIOUS COMMENTS (for archive) ==

-- Section 4.3 --
Figure 3 has a 'X' while the text has a 'r' ;)

Any reason why using "Floor((7+(Prefix Length))/8) octets" rather than the
simple "Ceil(Prefix Length/8)" ?

-- Section 6.1 --
"Each node maintains a sequence number" does it impact constrained nodes ?