Re: [Roll] RPL Simulation

"Anders Brandt" <abr@sdesigns.dk> Tue, 19 January 2010 15:14 UTC

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:14:48 +0100
From: Anders Brandt <abr@sdesigns.dk>
To: Jerald.P.Martocci@jci.com, Joydeep Tripathi <joydeep.tripathi@gmail.com>
Cc: ROLL WG <roll@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Roll] RPL Simulation

Jerry,

>That was what was nice about an AODV concept, because even route repair
was fairly deterministic.

As far as I am informed some reactive discovery mechanism is still
needed for all the reasons that you list below.

You may remember that we have the same needs in home automation.
By utilizing the fact that source routing is already used to jump
between RPL-capable routers AND the fact that the (time critical)
point-to-point communication is limited to 5 hops or less, some
TTL-aware, source-route-based AODV hybrid may not cause so
much flooding as one could fear.

- Anders