RE: Re: [RPSEC] DDoS of routing ?

"Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@netplane.com> Fri, 14 March 2003 05:18 UTC

From: "Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@netplane.com>
To: 'John Ioannidis' <ji@research.att.com>, Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com>
Cc: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com>, "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student)" <saq66@umkc.edu>, rpsec@ietf.org
Subject: RE: Re: [RPSEC] DDoS of routing ?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:20:27 -0500
Sender: rpsec-admin@ietf.org

Hi ji,

Maybe the same thing can be done for OSPF too. All non-ABR's allow only a
one hop reduced in TTL/hop limit, so a value of 254 or 255. Only ABR's that
have virtual links configured should be allowed to process packets that are
not received from one hop away.

And it could clearly be speciefied that allowing virtual links could allow
such an attack.

Thanks,
Vishwas