[rtcweb] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis-03: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 04 October 2022 06:18 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis@ietf.org, rtcweb-chairs@ietf.org, rtcweb@ietf.org, sean@sn3rd.com, sean@sn3rd.com
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 23:18:04 -0700
Subject: [rtcweb] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis-03: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis/

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis-03
CC @evyncke

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Like John Scudder, with such an easy diff vs. RFC 8829, I have only reviewed
the diffs.

Special thanks to Sean Turner for the shepherd's detailed write-up including
the WG consensus and the justification of the intended status, the unusual
format is sensible for such a minimum -bis.

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

## COMMENTS

### I-D name

Like Erik Kline @ekline, I really wonder (and regret) why the I-D name was not
updated to become draft-ietf-*, the shepherd explanation does not really
satisfy me as at least two ADs are commenting on this I-D name and if is
generating more work for the IESG review (checking mailing list & status). Not
a big deal but a real annoyance.

### Section 4.1.1

The change from "max-bundle" to "must-bundle" is unclear to me (but I am not an
expert in this protocol) and, with an apparently significant change, should
there be normative language to ensure transition from 8829 to the -bis ?

## Notes

This review is in the ["IETF Comments" Markdown format][ICMF], You can use the
[`ietf-comments` tool][ICT] to automatically convert this review into
individual GitHub issues.

[ICMF]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md
[ICT]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments