Re: [rtcweb] Offer/answer for heterogeneous encode/decode

Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> Tue, 26 November 2013 22:57 UTC

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 23:57:00 +0100
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
To: Derek Pang <dcpang@highfive.com>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Offer/answer for heterogeneous encode/decode

On 11/26/2013 11:07 PM, Derek Pang wrote:
> I am new to rtcweb community. Was there any proposal on making both
> Vp8 and H264 decoders MTI in webrtc, but VP8 or H264 encoder to be
> optional ? Does this offer a better option for the marketplace, while
> allowing interoperability.

I appreciate that the amount of reading you have to do in order to catch
up with the archives is enormous, but it is definitely a good thing to
do at this juncture.

This is alternative 12 on http://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/wiki,
where the current alternatives that the chairs are considering proposing
a vote to choose between have been listed.