Re: [rtcweb] WG adoption for Use Case document

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Fri, 17 June 2011 12:27 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: Mary Barnes <mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com>, Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:26:15 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] WG adoption for Use Case document

Hi Mary,

>I think the document is a good starting point, although, I personally would prefer that the mapping would should the use cases that were used to derive the requirements versus the requirements
>that are derived from the use case.

We can fix that.

>Otherise, you have to   search through the use cases to see the one from which the requirement was derived. Or perhaps having the mapping both directions.
>
>Also, I would suggest some reformatting so that new use cases can be easily added - i.e., it doesn't look like the list is a result of the <list>...</list> xml formatting. If that's not the
>case, I still don't like this dashy list style.

We can fix that too.

Thanks!

Regards,

Christer

	On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> wrote:

		WG,

		We would like to adopt a WG document with the purpose for describing use
		cases for the RTCWEB work. This document would be targeted as
		publication as an Inforamtional RFC eventually.

		The candidate document for this is:
		Web Real-Time Communication Use-cases and Requirements
		https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-holmberg-rtcweb-ucreqs/

		Based on our interim last week it was clear that there are some use
		cases that clearly needs development. However, the WG chairs believe
		that future development of the document can be done as WG item.

		WG participants please indicate if you agree in adopting this document
		as a basis, or if not, what the short comings you would like to see
		addressed prior to adoption. Once more, the document will be continued
		to be developed under the WG control and this is far from any final
		version.

		Please provide your view no later than Friday the 24th.

		Best Regards

		Magnus Westerlund
		WG chair