Re: [rtcweb] Draft minutes for day two, IETF 87

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com> Thu, 22 August 2013 10:03 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:02:52 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Draft minutes for day two, IETF 87

With regard to the following entry in the minutes.

"Andy Hutton:  Need to complete use cases and requirements.  My understanding is that the entire WG can't be done until we have met the requirements.  Don't disagree with the 70 percent estimate.
Cullen:  The WG doesn't need to meet its requirements, it needs to decide which ones it will meet and when."

This does not fully reflect the point I made which was that the requirements document needs to be completed and then we can review how complete we are against the requirements. If there are requirements that are not to be addressed at this point then this should be a decision made by the working group.

I also stated that I believe http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hutton-rtcweb-nat-firewall-considerations should be on the list of RTCWeb related drafts. This is because it is currently the only draft that addresses the firewall related requirements in the use case and requirements drafts.

Regards
Andy