Re: [rtcweb] 2119 language in requirements (Re: Review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements-10 (Part I))

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Tue, 19 February 2013 17:26 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@wonderhamster.org>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:26:29 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] 2119 language in requirements (Re: Review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements-10 (Part I))

Where the document is an informational document containing only the requirements, I don't think it matters whether upper case or lower case is used. The field of application of such a requirements document is the resultant solution / specification documents, rather than the implementor directly.

The issue is more difficult where requirements and solution are mixed in the same document, but that does not apply in this case. Where I have dealt with drafts that fall into this case before, we have moved the requirements to an appendix to make very clear they are informative.

Keith