Re: [rtcweb] draft-hutton-httpbis-connect-protocol-00.txt

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com> Wed, 23 July 2014 12:18 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com>
To: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:18:40 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] draft-hutton-httpbis-connect-protocol-00.txt

I presented this draft to HTTPBis yesterday and thought I should give rtcweb an update on that discusson.

The draft proposes adding an indication in to HTTP Connect as to what protocol is used within the tunnel and specifically for use with WebRTC. Therefore providing the HTTP Proxy an indication that the tunnel contains real-time media.

The feedback from the HTTP community was that there were no concerns about using the HTTP Connect within RTCWeb in this way and I hope this means we can document the usage in -transports-.

There was no call to adopt the draft during the meeting and there is a need to discuss in HTTPBis the exact naming of the header and what labels should be used. I am hopeful that the draft will be adopted before too long and we can reference it in the -transports- draft.

Regards
Andy