Re: [rtcweb] WG last call comments on use-case and requirement document, “hide IP address”

Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com> Mon, 29 April 2013 16:14 UTC

From: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:14:03 -0700
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] WG last call comments on use-case and requirement document, “hide IP address”

For Case 2 there are real customers out there (e.g. Women's shelters, Forensic psychologists dealing with criminals, etc.) so I would favor including it.

For case 1, I think we need a bit more detail on the adversary model. Is this the same as Case 2 (e.g. Hiding from another user, not the web server or STUN server?) I can imagine scenarios where granular candidate control would be useful. Not sure I would put all those cases in the privacy bucket, though.