Re: [rtcweb] Coding for rtcweb

Jonathan DETCHART <jonathan.detchart@isae.fr> Wed, 29 May 2013 09:39 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:39:39 +0200
From: Jonathan DETCHART <jonathan.detchart@isae.fr>
To: Frank Fitzek <ff@es.aau.dk>
Cc: rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Coding for rtcweb

Hi Frank,

Glad to see ISAE is not the only company which wants to combine network
coding and webrtc.
As I said in Orlando, we integrated our network coding library (Tetrys)
inside both VLC RTC modules.
We just encapsulate RTP packets inside Tetrys packets (application
layer) at the sender, and do the reverse operation at the receivers.

We also work on the integration of NC in webrtc.
We saw that webrtc already integrates a FEC mechanism (you can find the
sources in the rtp_rtcp module). We would like to estimate if NC could
improve webrtc performance.

We will attend Berlin meeting and we'll be happy to discuss with you
about our proposal to assess whether it is possible to converge towards
compilant implementations.

So, we will be happy to participate to the discussion in Berlin.

Best regards,
Jonathan