Re:Several questions about the draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo

xiao.min2@zte.com.cn Thu, 25 November 2021 03:03 UTC

Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:03:16 +0800
From: xiao.min2@zte.com.cn
To: jhaas@pfrc.org
Cc: gregimirsky@gmail.com, rtg-bfd@ietf.org, draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo@ietf.org
Subject: Re:Several questions about the draft-ietf-bfd-unaffiliated-echo

Jeff,

I have no objection to the comparison, please go on.
One thing I want to emphasize is that, whether DC use case (brought up by draft-wang-bfd-one-arm-use-case) or broadband access use case (brought up by BBF TR-146), the key requirement is that the peer system is totally BFD-Unaware, in other words, the peer system would never send or parse any BFD Control packets, from the very beginning.
Another thing is that the Unaffiliated BFD Echo can only work between the local system and its one-hop-away peer system.

Best Regards,
Xiao Min