Re: Fwd: Adoption of draft-vkst-bfd-mpls-mib

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Thu, 07 June 2012 01:12 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 03:12:44 +0200
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
To: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Adoption of draft-vkst-bfd-mpls-mib
Cc: "rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org" <rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org>, Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>, rtg-bfd@ietf.org, "mpls-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <mpls-chairs@tools.ietf.org>

Jeff,

thanks for forwarding.

The question whether we have a responsibility to *ITU-T* to provide
configuration MIBs for MPLS-TP is "interesting"!

Currently there is no explicit agreement on MPLS-TP deliverables
between IETF and ITU-T, the JWT agreement has dated.

However there are certain rules of conduct that governs the relationship
between two peer SDOs. This include for example that we liaise and
respond to liaisons when we see an interest in both organizations.
This means that we for example copy all wg last calls on MPLS-TP
documents to the Ad Hoc Team mailing list.

I am not aware of any interest expressed by ITU-T for configuration
MIBs, but on the other hand there is a clear interest from a number
of operators for such MIBs. In my mind this would be the reason to
keep the read-write.

However I'd lkie our OPS and RTG ADs opinion on this.

/Loa