Working group status

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Fri, 18 September 2015 20:42 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 16:45:33 -0400
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: rtg-bfd@ietf.org
Subject: Working group status

The working group has been quiet.  Certainly I've been a bit distracted, and
Nobo even more so!

I've taken this opportunity to prod a few document authors to move their
work along.

I've also spent some time updating the WG wiki with current perceived WG
status.  If you have a BFD document, please check the wiki and make sure the
status seems correct.  If your document is marked expired, then it means
you're not pushing your proposal very hard!

https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/bfd/trac/wiki/WikiStart

The multipoint documents, presuming the WG agrees, are likely to hit WGLC
soon.  Please review them and provide feedback.

This is also a reminder that in terms of chartered work, the Yang module
could use WG attention.  The design team has done an excellent job getting
us this far - help them get to the finish line.

Finally, our need to do presentations at the upcoming IETF session in
Yokohama will be based on *active* work with discussion on the mailing list.
This means that now, in this quiet time between IETFs, is a perfect time to
try to get the attention of your fellow BFD experts.

-- Jeff