Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-06.txt

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Fri, 12 October 2012 15:25 UTC

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:25:04 -0400
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: rtg-bfd@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags-06.txt

Working group,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 01:10:25PM +0200, Marc Binderberger wrote:
> Hello BFD experts,
>
> the authors of draft-mmm-bfd-on-lags have taken your input plus our internal discussions to create a new version -06 of the draft.

The current document reflects the consensus to date on the feature.  Since
we have multiple vendors working on code related to this specification,
we're expecting minor tweaks to accommodate implementations as we gain
experience with the specification.  Our hope, however, is that the structure
of the feature is generally stable.

The authors and editors of the draft would greatly appreciate your feedback
on the current text.

Things of note:
- We are hoping our re-charter for the working group will be complete by the
  Atlanta IETF and will include this item.
- We have proceeded with requesting code points for the well known MAC
  address and the UDP port.
- The major place where the specification seems to still need attention is
  clarifying behavior in the presence of VLANs when the VLAN terminates in a
  VRF.

As noted before, BFD will *not* be meeting at the upcoming IETF.  However,
it is my intention to publish status slides for the WG as part of the
meeting materials.

-- Jeff