Fwd: Agenda and Package for December 18, 2003 Telechat

Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com> Tue, 16 December 2003 21:56 UTC

Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:53:56 -0800
From: Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com>
To: rtg-dir@ietf.org
Subject: Fwd: Agenda and Package for December 18, 2003 Telechat
Sender: rtg-dir-admin@ietf.org

Folks,

 The document part of the IESG agenda for Thursday below. I'll mark
 "interesting" documents with ">>>". Speak up by Thursday morning if
 you have comments, please. I am planning to start posting the agenda
 more regularly one week in advance in future, sorry for a short
 notice this time.

 Thanks.

--
Alex

2. Protocol Actions

2.1 WG Submissions
2.1.1 New Item
  o draft-ietf-sip-authid-body-02.txt
    SIP Authenticated Identity Body (AIB) Format (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 14
    Token: Allison Mankin
  o draft-ietf-sip-replaces-04.txt
    The Session Inititation Protocol (SIP) 'Replaces' Header (Proposed
    Standard) - 2 of 14
    Note: Normatively depends on AIB/Referred-by for security&nbsp; - all on
    2003-12-18 agenda.
    Token: Allison Mankin
  o draft-ietf-mpls-in-ip-or-gre-03.txt
    Encapsulating MPLS in IP or Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) (Proposed
    Standard) - 3 of 14
    Token: Alex Zinin
  o draft-ietf-xmpp-core-20.txt
    Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core (Proposed
    Standard) - 4 of 14
    Token: Ted Hardie
  o draft-ietf-xmpp-im-19.txt
    Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging and
    Presence (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 14
    Token: Ted Hardie
>>>  o draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-nisconfig-05.txt
    NIS Configuration Options for DHCPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 14
    Note: This document was removed from the (extremely busy) 20-Nov agenda,
    when we found that it didn't properly address Thomas' AD review comments.á
    So, even if this ends-up in the "returning" section, this is really its
    first time through the full IESG.
    Token: Margaret Wasserman
  o draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-07.txt
    UDP Encapsulation of IPsec Packets (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 14
    Token: Russ Housley
  o draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-06.txt
    Prioritized Treatment of Specific OSPF Packets and Congestion Avoidance
    (BCP) - 8 of 14
    Token: Bill Fenner
  o draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-05.txt
    A Transport Independent Bandwidth Modifier for the Session Description
    Protocol (SDP) (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 14
    Token: Jon Peterson
  o draft-ietf-sip-referredby-03.txt
    The SIP Referred-By Mechanism (Proposed Standard) - 10 of 14
    Token: Allison Mankin
  o draft-ietf-tsvwg-prsctp-02.txt
    SCTP Partial Reliability Extension (Proposed Standard) - 11 of 14
    Token: Jon Peterson
  o draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-09.txt
    Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Proxy Certificate Profile
    (Proposed Standard) - 12 of 14
    Token: Russ Housley
  o draft-ietf-rohc-ip-only-05.txt
    RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Compression Profile for IP (Proposed
    Standard) - 13 of 14
    Note: Significant amounts of WG review occurred, led by co-chair, since
    other co-chair is an author...Applicability could be more clearly stated,
    but the context is IP tunnels in particular.
    Token: Allison Mankin
  o draft-ietf-sip-callee-caps-02.txt
    Indicating User Agent Capabilities in the Session Initiation Protocol
    (SIP) (Proposed Standard) - 14 of 14
    Note: Mid-course Applications area review, as with caller prefs, resulted
    in use of 2506/2533 media features approach.&nbsp; . Security review
    of&nbsp; companion draft caller prefs (approved with a Security note on 4
    Dec) has been factored in to Security Considerations of this i-d.
    Token: Allison Mankin

2.1.2 Returning Item
  o draft-ietf-eap-rfc2284bis-07.txt
    Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
    Note: Deferred from 2003-12-4 telechat.
    Token: Margaret Wasserman

2.2 Individual Submissions
2.2.1 New Item
  o draft-ietf-ldapext-matchedval-07.txt
    Returning Matched Values with LDAPv3 (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 5
    Token: Ted Hardie
  o draft-singer-jp2-02.txt
    MIME Type Registrations for ISO/IEC 15444 (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 5
    Note: Reviewed security considerations, nits, textual contexts, status of
    referenced standards - looks ready for Last Call.á Will need section
    reference rather than "see above" in MIME definition Security
    Considerations, but this can be fixed in RFC Editor note.
    Token: Allison Mankin
  o draft-freed-mime-p4-04.txt
    Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) Part Four: Registration
    Procedures (BCP) - 3 of 5
    Token: Ted Hardie
>>>  o draft-savola-bcp38-multihoming-update-02.txt
    Ingress Filtering for Multihomed Networks (BCP) - 4 of 5
    Token: Bert Wijnen
  o draft-newman-esmtpsa-01.txt
    ESMTP and LMTP Transmission Types Registration (Proposed Standard) - 5 of
    5
    Token: Ned Freed

2.2.2 Returning Item
NONE
3. Document Actions

3.1 WG Submissions
3.1.1 New Item
>>>  o draft-ietf-ipv6-node-requirements-07.txt
    IPv6 Node Requirements (Informational) - 1 of 2
    Token: Margaret Wasserman
  o Eight-document ballot:  - 2 of 2
     - draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-intro-05.txt
       Introduction to the Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF
       Standards (Informational)
     - draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-apps-03.txt
       Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Application Area
       Standards (Informational)
     - draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-ops-04.txt
       Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Operations &
       Management Area Standards (Informational)
     - draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-int-03.txt
       Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Internet Area
       Standards (Informational)
>>>     - draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-routing-03.txt
       Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Routing Area
       Standards (Informational)
     - draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-sec-03.txt
       Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Security Area
       Standards (Informational)
     - draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-subip-04.txt
       Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Sub-IP Area
       Standards (Informational)
     - draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-05.txt
       Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Transport Area
       Standards (Informational)
    Token: Bert Wijnen

3.1.2 Returning Item
  o draft-ietf-xmldsig-xc14n-02.txt
    Exclusive XML Canonicalization, Version 1.0 (Informational) - 1 of 2
    Note: The revised draft includes the changes requested by Randy Bush.á It
    is back on the agenda to confirm that there are no further concerns.
    Token: Russ Housley
  o draft-ietf-send-psreq-04.txt
    IPv6 Neighbor Discovery trust models and threats (Informational) - 2 of 2
    Note: Back on the agenda to address minor comments from Thomas, Ted and
    Russ.
    Token: Margaret Wasserman

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD
3.2.1 New Item
  o draft-sbml-media-type-02.txt
    MIME Media Type for SBML, the Systems Biology Markup Language
    (Informational) - 1 of 1
    Note: Nit: RFC 3023 should be a normative, not informative, reference
    Token: Ned Freed

3.2.2 Returning Item
NONE
3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor
3.3.1 New Item
  o draft-jseng-idn-admin-05.txt
    Internationalized Domain Names Registration and Administration Guideline
    for Chinese, Japanese and Korean (Informational) - 1 of 1
    Token: Harald Alvestrand

3.3.2 Returning Item
NONE