Re: rtg-dir review: ross, russ: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-09.txt

Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com> Tue, 14 June 2005 06:34 UTC

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:34:33 -0700
From: Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com>
To: Ross Callon <rcallon@juniper.net>
Cc: rtg-dir@ietf.org, riw@cisco.com
Subject: Re: rtg-dir review: ross, russ: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-09.txt
Sender: rtg-dir-bounces@ietf.org

Ross, Russ-

 Thanks for reviewing, guys. I'll send your comments to the WG cc'ing the
 rtg-dir.

 Ross, regarding lack of authentication per se, I can see how an argument
 can be made that this is not worse than what the current IP ping/tracert
 have. I does seem strange that the doc tells what the authentication can
 do while there is none.

--
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin