[RTG-DIR] RtgDir review: draft-ietf-ccamp-attribute-bnf-02.txt

Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com> Fri, 07 October 2011 21:23 UTC

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 21:26:48 +0000
From: Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>
To: "rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org" <rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org>
Cc: "draft-ietf-ccamp-attribute-bnf.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-attribute-bnf.all@tools.ietf.org>, "rtg-dir@ietf.org" <rtg-dir@ietf.org>
Subject: [RTG-DIR] RtgDir review: draft-ietf-ccamp-attribute-bnf-02.txt

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft. The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/routing.html

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through discussion or by updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-ccamp-attribute-bnf-02.txt

Reviewer: Young Lee
Review Date: 7 October 2011
IETF LC End Date: 10 October 2011
Intended Status: Standard track

Comments:
This document is clearly written and easy to understand.

Major Issues:
No major issues found.

Minor Issues:
Section 3.2.1

I am not sure if I understand this compatibility section written as follows:

     A node that does not support the LSP Attribute object formatting as
   defined in this section will interpret the first present LSP
   Attribute object as representing LSP operational status even when it
   is intended to represent S2L sub-LSP status.  It is unclear if this
   is a significant issue as the LSP Attribute object is currently
   considered to be an unsuitable mechanism for reporting operational
   status of P2MP LSPs, for example see Section 2.1 of [NO-PHP-OOB].
   The intent of this document is to correct this limitation and it is
   expected that networks that wish to make use of such operational
   reporting will deploy this extension.

If the node that does not support this new LSP attribute object, how can it interprets the first
Present LSP Attribute object as LSP operational status if the LSP attribute object is not a suitable
mechanism currently for reporting operational status of P2MP LSPs?

It sounds like a contradictory statement as I read. Please clarify this section if needed.

Nits:
None identified