Re: [RTG-DIR] RtgDir review: dratf-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-07.txt

Jonathan Harrison <jon.harrison@metaswitch.com> Tue, 10 August 2010 10:20 UTC

From: Jonathan Harrison <jon.harrison@metaswitch.com>
To: Tomonori TAKEDA <takeda.tomonori@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:21:22 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "rtg-dir@ietf.org" <rtg-dir@ietf.org>, "stbryant@cisco.com" <stbryant@cisco.com>, "draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te@tools.ietf.org>, "rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org" <rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [RTG-DIR] RtgDir review: dratf-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-07.txt

Hi Tomonori Takeda,

I've made your suggested change to section 2.

Section 6 is a proposed addition in response to the Operations Directorate review (see the attached e-mail).  As you point out, I should spell out LSP when talking about IS-IS and MPLS to avoid confusion.  The intended meaning was Label Switched Path, so the section should have read as follows.

6.  IPv4/IPv6 Migration

   The IS-IS extensions described in this document allow the routing of
   GMPLS label switched paths using IPv6 addressing through an IS-IS
   network.  There are no migration issues introduced by the addition of
   this IPv6 TE routing information into an existing IPv4 GMPLS network.
   Migration of label switched paths from IPv4 to IPv6 is an issue for
   GMPLS signaling and is outside the scope of this document.

Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks,
Jon