RE: Scope of strict SLA in network slicing

"Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com> Thu, 16 November 2017 08:41 UTC

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
To: Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com>, "rtgwg@ietf.org" <rtgwg@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: Scope of strict SLA in network slicing
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:41:00 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.52.33.217]

Hi Greg,

I agree that network slicing would mainly be used for URLLC services, which have stringent requirement on performance. To meet such requirement, we need to consider the E2E transport paths. FlexE can be one candidate technology for interface level channelization and isolation, and we also need to consider other pieces in the end-to-end paths.

OTOH, as mentioned in the enhanced VPN presentation, the mechanism used to represent the underlay resources can be general and independent from the implementation of the resource partitioning, such as using SR SIDs to represent per-hop resource allocation.

Best regards,
Jie