RE: BNG C/U plane separation info models

wangzitao <wangzitao@huawei.com> Thu, 16 November 2017 09:11 UTC

From: wangzitao <wangzitao@huawei.com>
To: Marco Liebsch <Marco.Liebsch@neclab.eu>, "rtgwg@ietf.org" <rtgwg@ietf.org>
CC: 'Ariel Gu' <gurong@chinamobile.com>
Subject: RE: BNG C/U plane separation info models
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 09:11:21 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.52.35.186]

Hi Marco,

I reviewed this document, it is a really good work. For the FPC agent, it seems that take charge of the configuration of user planes (data planes).

And in CU separation BNG, there are three interfaces, as shown below:
[捕获]

For our document, it focus on the control interface. The CU separation BNG information model presents the tables which are dynamic generated by the centralized Control-Plane and will be transported via some control protocol. It not take charge of configuration.

Since, based on previous research and discuss, if we transport these tables via the netconf ( or another configuration protocols), it cannot satisfy the high performance of BNG required.

And also we will analyze the FPC, and if it can satisfy the requirements of BNG’s configuration, maybe we can reused it to configure the UP devices.

Best Regards!

-Michael