Re: [Rosa] New Version Notification for draft-mendes-rtgwg-rosa-use-cases-00.txt

Joel Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 27 June 2023 18:03 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 14:03:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [Rosa] New Version Notification for draft-mendes-rtgwg-rosa-use-cases-00.txt
To: Dirk Trossen <dirk.trossen=40huawei.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <evyncke=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, RTGWG <rtgwg@ietf.org>
Cc: "rosa@ietf.org" <rosa@ietf.org>
From: Joel Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com>

(It took me a minute to find this to respond, as you left the old
subject line in place.)

The most interesting thing I can see in the gap analysis is the
expectation that applications will explicitly indicate the affinity
grouping of packets.  I can understand wanting such, although there is a
complexity cost in doing that.  But the bigger question I see is whether
there is any indication that applications are willing and able to
provide such indications.

Yours,

Joel