[RTGWG] Soliciting WG feedback and comments on draft-li-rtgwg-cc-igp-arch-00.txt

Lizhenbin <lizhenbin@huawei.com> Mon, 21 October 2013 15:23 UTC

From: Lizhenbin <lizhenbin@huawei.com>
To: "rtgwg@ietf.org" <rtgwg@ietf.org>
Subject: [RTGWG] Soliciting WG feedback and comments on draft-li-rtgwg-cc-igp-arch-00.txt
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:22:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.76.77]
Cc: Yangang <yangang@huawei.com>

Hi all,

   As the Software Defined Networks (SDN) solution develops, IGP will be
   extended to support central control.  This document introduces an
   architecture of using IGP for central controlling.

   Central Control Architecture propose following requirements related with IGP:
   1.  Build the central control architecture between the controller and
   the client.  It includes building connectivity, collecting the
   topology, and dividing multiple areas automatically, etc.

   2.  Many new applications are emerging under the central controlled
   framework, such as network virtualization, centralized MPLS TE
   calculation, segment routing, etc.  These new applications bring
   extension requirement to IGP.

We can look on [I-D.chen-ospf-ttz], [I-D.ylz-ospf-lsdb-sync-group], [I-D.li-ospf-ext-green-te], etc. as the concrete use cases of the central controlled IGP. We hope the architecture draft to help understand IGP usage in the central control globally and new requirements are proposed for the future development.

In addition, I recommend you could read another draft " draft-li-idr-cc-bgp-arch-00" for better understanding different protocol usage in the central control architecture,

Thanks,
Robin