Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-30: (with COMMENT)

Lars Eggert via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Fri, 06 August 2021 08:25 UTC

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model@ietf.org, rtgwg-chairs@ietf.org, rtgwg@ietf.org, Chris Bowers <chrisbowers.ietf@gmail.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, chrisbowers.ietf@gmail.com
Subject: Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-30: (with COMMENT)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 01:25:22 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model-30: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-policy-model/

COMMENT:

No reference entries found for: [draft-ietf-idr-bgp-model-09]

All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

"Table of Contents", paragraph 2, nit:
>  manage policy configuration in a consistent way in environments with routers
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Consider replacing this phrase with the adverb "consistently" to avoid
wordiness.

Section 3. , paragraph 4, nit:
> ations, and similarly, actions may effect multiple changes to route attribut
>                                    ^^^^^^
Did you mean "affect" (have an effect upon)?

Section 4.2. , paragraph 10, nit:
>  a reject-route action returns false and the calling policy evaluation will
>                                     ^^^^
Use a comma before "and" if it connects two independent clauses (unless they
are closely connected and short).

Section 4.3. , paragraph 4, nit:
> eating policies nested beyond a small number of levels (e.g., 2-3) is discou
>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Specify a number, remove phrase, use "a few", or use "some".

Section 4.3. , paragraph 4, nit:
> o ensure that there is no recursion amongst nested routing policies. 5. Polic
>                                     ^^^^^^^
Do not mix variants of the same word ("amongst" and "among") within a single
text.

Section 4.4. , paragraph 2, nit:
> n is specified for the chain). Whether or not the route's pre-policy attribut
Consider shortening this phrase to just "Whether". It is correct though if you
mean "regardless of whether".

Section 7.2. , paragraph 31, nit:
> existing metric. If the result would overflow the maximum metric (0xffffffff
Consider removing "would". (Usually, "would" does not occur in a conditional
clause, unless to make a request or give a polite order.).

Section 7.2. , paragraph 33, nit: