Re: I-D Action: draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-02.txt

Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org> Fri, 26 February 2016 19:30 UTC

Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-02.txt
From: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:30:54 -0500
To: "t.petch" <ietfa@btconnect.com>
Cc: Routing WG <rtgwg@ietf.org>

> On Feb 26, 2016, at 12:29 PM, t.petch <ietfa@btconnect.com> wrote:

This actually doesn't feel contentious to me. The 2 solutions are very similar, and in fact good progress was made at the most recent interim with the 2 authors agreeing to work together. I don't believe I've seen anyone objecting to the concept of a mount whichever form it takes on the mailing list either.

>  2.  This document will need to match the evolution and
>       standardization of [OC-OPSTATE] or [NETMOD-OPSTATE] by
>       the Netmod WG.

We are simply stating the document needs to track the evolution of this. I don't believe there's anything in this draft that requires an opstate solution be chosen in order to review it. In fact if this were the case since op-state is targeted at *all* yang models, we would have to stop working on all models by this logic. :)

Thanks,
Chris.