Re: [Rucus] Any further comments on draft-york-sipping-spit-similarity-scenarios-00.txt ?

"Saverio Niccolini" <Saverio.Niccolini@nw.neclab.eu> Fri, 09 May 2008 09:09 UTC

Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 11:06:28 +0200
From: Saverio Niccolini <Saverio.Niccolini@nw.neclab.eu>
To: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
Cc: rucus BoF <rucus@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Rucus] Any further comments on draft-york-sipping-spit-similarity-scenarios-00.txt ?
Sender: rucus-bounces@ietf.org

Hannes,

I am fine with keeping scenarios as Dan described to give people
an idea of what they risk (kind of pitfalls) if they not look carefully
into configuration of certain polcies.

Actually this is part of what we think would be the direction of RUCUS:
-- "reference scenario":
let's take a reference scenario, e.g. a simple standard SIP one like
slide 11 of Henning's presentation
(https://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/rucus-1/rucus-1.ppt.htm)
and let's add what the pitfalls are (Dan's doc), add the considerations
of David about the problem statement and the ones of Otmar which
people seems to agree on

-- "framework" or "communication glue" --> see Jan's email
for this we see slide 11 of Henning's presentation (https://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08mar/slides/rucus-1/rucus-1.ppt.htm)
as the best example --> it includes polcies and signalling extensions to
query oracles and allow distirbuted decisions --> it would not hint to
specific solution mechanisms if well defined

-- "class of mechanisms" -- see also Jan's email
this is what Jonathan proposed at the BOF and people agreed on,
actually we speak about classes since single mechanisms do not make
entire sense at this point in time

I do not seen any problem with this approach and I hope to see large
consensus, I think this is clean and simple and we can achieve this in
the 6 months of an EG.

Can we agree on this, write the charter proposal around that, have
ADs convinced and start real work?

Comments?

Saverio

Dr. Saverio Niccolini
NEC Laboratories Europe, Network Research Division
Kurfuerstenanlage 36, D-69115 Heidelberg
Tel.     +49 (0)6221 4342-118
Fax:     +49 (0)6221 4342-155
e-mail:  saverio.niccolini@nw.neclab.eu <-- !!! NEW ADDRESS !!!
NEC Europe Limited Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria
Road, London W3 6BL Registered in England 2832014