draft-ietf-run-spew-00.txt: kudos & thoughts

Jim Kingdon <kingdon@harvey.cyclic.com> Sun, 18 May 1997 00:26 UTC

Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 20:09:38 -0400
Sender: IETF-RUN <IETF-RUN@mailbag.intel.com>
From: Jim Kingdon <kingdon@harvey.cyclic.com>
Subject: draft-ietf-run-spew-00.txt: kudos & thoughts
To: IETF-RUN@mailbag.intel.com

I have reviewed draft-ietf-run-spew-00.txt and per the instructions in
the draft here are my comments.  Please let me know if I should be
sending these comments to some other place, or any other concerns (I
am not on any RUN mailing lists).

I think that the draft is very good.  I would encourage you publish it
as fast as is possible within the constraints of following proper IETF
procedures.  Given the rapid worsening of the situation (as judged by
the number of unsolicited messages in my mailbox, for example), in my
opinion there is a greater urgency to this than the typical RUN WG
project.  I would much rather see it published quickly than to have
my ideas (which are minor) incorporated.

I can send more detailed suggestions and suggested new language if it
would be useful, particularly concerning rewriting the free speech
paragraph, inserting "probably" into the sentence "And that it would
still be considered rude to offer to sell products or services to the
guests even if the products and services were relevant to the
discussion", and perhaps some minor suggestions concerning the section
on how to complain.

But the more I think about it the more I think none of these things
are really very important at all.  Congratulations on a fine draft!