Re: [saag] draft-farrell-decade-ni-09

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Sun, 15 July 2012 15:10 UTC

From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:10:54 +0300
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: saag@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [saag] draft-farrell-decade-ni-09

Hi Stephen,

I would expect to find the NI and the NIH scheme in there and nothing more. The rest of feature creep (commonly found in EU funded projects - hint!).

Nothing about binary encoding, base64 encoding of the URI, anything about certificate formats behind hashed with normative language, no authority field in the URI, no query parameter in the URI, no .well-known URI.

The consequence: half the size and twice as useful.

Ciao
Hannes