[saag] Pasi's AD notes for July 2008

<Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com> Tue, 05 August 2008 10:06 UTC

Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:06:37 +0300
From: Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com
To: saag@ietf.org, secdir@mit.edu
Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD notes for July 2008
Sender: saag-bounces@ietf.org

Hi all,

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on
from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look
right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- IPsec maintenance and extensions (ipsecme) WG was chartered
  in 2008-07-03 telechat.
- SAAG mailing list has been moved from mit.edu to ietf.org.
  I'm hoping Sam Weiler can soon move the SecDir list, too.

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs the WG agrees on.

EMU
- draft-ietf-emu-gpsk: in AD Evaluation -- waiting for the WG
  to decide MAC length/key size issue before going to IETF last call.
- ITU-T SG 17 has sent a liaison statement about their document
  X.1034, "Guidelines on EAP-based authentication and key management in
  a data communication network"; there was a short presentation in
  SAAG, too. The document itself is not yet available -- waiting for
  Tim/Zachary Zeltsan to send the document to the WG and the IETF
  liaison statement page.

IPSECME
- Discussing detailed document scopes with WG chairs; waiting
  for reply from them.
- (not wearing AD hat) I promised to send my "things that need to
  be looked at" list about IKEv2bis to mailing list
- (not wearing AD hat) Waiting for WG chairs to decide document
  authors/editors for the IPv6 draft.

ISMS
- I need to re-read the latest drafts and participate in
  naming-related discussion.

KEYPROV
- I promised to send comments about PSKC and DSKPP, including
  things I commented at the meeting.

SASL
- Waiting for charter update text from the chairs (>4 months)

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: I sent my AD evaluation comments
  to the list recently; waiting for WG to decide what to do.
- draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls: in IETF Last Call; on agenda
  of 2008-08-14 IESG telechat.
- Talked with Joe about early port number assignment for syslog-
  transport-tls; if it's approved on 2008-08-14, assignment
  will happen within a week anyway, so early allocation wouldn't
  save much time.
- draft-ietf-syslog-tc-mib: in RFC editor queue

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis: still in AUTH48 -- waiting for Eric
  to provide reasons for changing pre-master secret handling.
- draft-ietf-tls-ecc-new-mac: in IANA processing -- waiting (>1 month)
  for Eric to confirm that the IANA actions are OK
- draft-ietf-tls-rsa-aes-gcm: in RFC editor queue, waiting
  for TLS 1.2 to come out.

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm: Talked with Joerg, Colin, and Cullen
  in Dublin about possible mitigations for misdirected feedback.
  Joerg will explore "feedback debug" messages that would tell
  which media stream the feedback is about; if this turns out to
  be too complex, or something that nobody would implement anyway,
  will consider just documenting the problems.
- draft-santesson-digestbind: Talked with Stefan; I promised
  to read and send comments, and recommended independent
  submission to the RFC Editor.
- draft-ietf-capwap-*: I sent a bunch of IETF last call comments;
  working on handling them.
- PKCS #1/RFC 3447 update: There has been discussion about updating
  RFC 3447 to include the errata (from both RFC Editor and RSA Labs
  errata lists); James Randall from RSA promised to look at this.
- draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split/draft-ietf-mip6-radius: I talked with
  Jari, Jouni, and Avi in Dublin about IKEv2 PSK and certificate
  modes. Various ways to handle them, but RADIUS packet size could
  be a problem. However, it seems there's no current need for
  those modes, could be solved later.
- draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward: I talked briefly with
  Rolf and Magnus in Dublin; I promised to read this and send comments.
- draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework: I have promised
  to read this, talk with Tim and others, and send comments.
- "Security roadmap for routing protocols": talked with with Gregory,
  Danny, David, Ross and Tim in Dublin; I promised to read and send
  comments once Gregory sends something.
- draft-ietf-netconf-tls: I have promised to read this and talk
  with Tim.

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-hautakorpi-sipping-uri-list-handling-refused: text agreed,
  waiting for authors to submited a revised ID [since 2008-07-03]
- draft-ietf-enum-experiences: talked briefly with Jon Peterson
  in Dublin -- waiting to hear more from the authors and/or Jon
  [since 2008-07-31]
- draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess: text agreed, waiting for
  authors to submited a revised ID [since 2008-07-18]
- draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-atm-mib: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-07-02]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-ietf-bfd-base: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-multihop: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-pce-pcep: some discussions about require changes has
  occured; waiting for proposed text or revised ID [since 2008-06-16]
- draft-ietf-shim6-proto: waiting for Erik to propose something
  to solve IPsec interaction issue [since 2008-06-18]
- draft-ietf-simple-imdn: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-05-14]
- draft-ietf-sipping-sbc-funcs: new version (-06) addressed
  all comments except one; text agreed for the remaining one,
  waiting for RFC editor note or revised ID [since 2008-06-17]
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp: this document has large
  number of discusses/abstains; waiting for Magnus to figure
  out next steps [since 2008-06-03]
- draft-ietf-v6ops-addcon: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-16]
- draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation: version -09
  addressed all my comments except one; waiting for authors to
  reply to the remaining one or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-12]
- draft-mraihi-inch-thraud: version -06 addressed some of my
  comments, but not all (and introduced some new issues); waiting
  for authors to reply to my comments or submit a revised ID [since
  2008-06-19]

--end--