[saag] ACE meeting summary

Likepeng <likepeng@huawei.com> Thu, 13 November 2014 04:45 UTC

From: Likepeng <likepeng@huawei.com>
To: "saag@ietf.org" <saag@ietf.org>, "Ace@ietf.org" <Ace@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 04:45:37 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.46.110.77]
Subject: [saag] ACE meeting summary

ACE WG Meeting

IETF 91 - Honolulu

Wednesday 12 November 2014, 13:00 - 15:00 HST

Chairs: Kepeng Li, Hannes Tschofenig

* Use Cases (Sandeep Kumar, 30 mins)

   - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seitz-ace-usecases/

7 use cases should cover most interesting IoT areas. Updates include the numerous feedback and change of focus, requirements removed.

About 20 participants haves read the draft. There were some comments to remove the requirements from the document. Also there were some comments to add more use cases to cover industrial control, etc.

Humm result is to adopt this document as WG document, and this will be confirmed in the mailing list.

* Actors (Carsten Bormann, 25 mins)

   - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerdes-ace-actors/

Several participants show interests to this draft. Open issues:

1) Should we reuse existing terminologies in other standards, or should we use new terminologies?

2) Should we keep CAM and SAM separately?

3) Should we move some terminologies into use case document, or keep this document standalone or move it to the solution draft?

Continue the discussion in the mailing list.

* Architecture Comparison (Bert Greevenbosch, 25 mins)

   - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-greevenbosch-ace-comparison/

This document compares several technical solutions for ACE on the table. Compared 5 different solutions in this draft.

There were some discussions about Pull model, OAuth and DCAF solution.

Continue the discussion in the mailing list.

* Object Security (John Mattsson, 30 mins)

   - http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-selander-ace-object-security/

There were comments about the reuse of CBOR and JOSE.

There was a question about the additional overhead.

Continue the discussion in the mailing list.

* Wrap-up (Chairs, 5 mins)

- Use case document was most important, audience voted for adoption, please still provide input on additional use cases.

- We are not yet there to go for solutions, so no adoptions there.

- Aiming for next IETF meeting to go into solution space.

- Webinar on IoT hardware: another round specifically on energy-efficiency (Doodle).

- Some data points on ECC performance will be sent around.

Please refer to discussion details in:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ace/minutes

Kind Regards

Kepeng