Re: [sacm] SACM IETF 84 Presentation

Stephen Hanna <shanna@juniper.net> Thu, 02 August 2012 02:22 UTC

From: Stephen Hanna <shanna@juniper.net>
To: "Kent_Landfield@mcafee.com" <Kent_Landfield@mcafee.com>, "sacm@ietf.org" <sacm@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:19:41 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "scap-dev@nist.gov" <scap-dev@nist.gov>
Subject: Re: [sacm] SACM IETF 84 Presentation

Kent,

Feel free to add IF-MAP to the slides if you want.

I see what you mean about the Use Case I-D. But if we decide to include work item for "an overview of security automation and continuous monitoring", I think that should span all these use cases. Otherwise, we'll end up with an architecture that only covers a tiny part of the security automation space. There's a desperate need for someone to provide a blueprint that shows how MILE, NEA, SACM, and other future work all fits together. I hope that SACM can provide that. We can even point out gaps that other groups can work on filling in.

Thanks,

Steve